Favors & Bouquet.

Today and last night I've been working on favors and the bouquet. I havent really decided what I wanted as favors, but I want something like candles or soaps. Candles might be a bit hard to transport and just all around a hassle but soaps not so much. I was first thinking LUSH and realized how pricey that's going to get. My jewelry making blogger friend Lisa offered to make soaps (shes starting to make soaps) but backed out cause she literally just started like... yesterday lol. But she linked me to someone on Etsy. So I started searching Etsy and contacted some people who have made snowflake soaps for samples in Sugar Cookie. So I'm expecting some of those next week and I'll have a bit of picking to do. Someone else does perfume/lotion solids, kinda like LUSH's solid perfume so I got some samples of that too. I might include those. Put them in a mesh bag and tie it with a ribbon with our names and wedding date. And of course the basket of blowing bubbles at the ceremony site with our ribbon.

As for the bouquet; this is a little complicated. I want white Orchids. I also want white and blue roses. Plain white roses and white roses with silver on the tips. Me and Marissa are going to get some supplies from Michaels next week to try that out and see if we can dye our own roses blue. But then I thought about it... how are we going to get those to Vegas and still alive? Unless we figure something out, bring the supplies to Vegas and quickly make them the night before/early morning. Or find somewhere in Vegas that sells/can make the roses ready to pick up and hopefully send my oh so loving cousin Aileen to pick them up for me (oh I'd love you forever Aileen)!

I need to do a bit more calling and mostly to the Ceasers Palace chapel just to clarify some things. I need to stop by Party City and custom order the ribbon and scroll through their save-the-dates and invitations again to order some of those as well.

Almost done planning.

I hope my dress comes out wonderful. I'm starting to think I should had just ordered it white as the over all color and have the Navy blue be the peek a boo color. Oh goodness!

I got 2 letters from Martin today. He's doing better. He gets to do the Wiccan Samhain celebration today or tomorrow, I think he said today. He said he plans on calling my grandpa. I'm a bit jealous. That'll be an experience for him. It kinda sounds like hes enjoying this Wiccan church, I'm glad he is. His letters were a bit more happier this time, so I'm happy about that too. I cant wait to see him again. Just a few more weeks left. This week is already over, so that's one more down. My parents have been very kind and supportive the last few weeks. I appreciate that so much.

Its hot today :( it was freezing cold the other day, what happened! I hope it cools down soon.

0 comments:

About

foolishxlady A blog about my experience as a military girlfriend. My boyfriend of 5 1/2 years recently decided to join the United States Air Force. I have a more private journal about this (since I dont want to violate OPSEC) here.

This was originally suppose to be a blog about my experience as a military girlfriend & fiancée. But two weeks before my finance's BMT graduation, he was discharged for medical reasons. So, yeah, that sucks! But he still has the option to re-enlist after two years. They want to make sure he's fully recovered before coming back.

This blog, however will still be where I write about being a newlywed. We got married on December 28th, 2009 in Las Vegas, NV!

With that said, we're not married and since the military thing didnt work out, we're still on a struggle as to what we're going to do from here on out. So if you're interested in hearing about peoples struggles, you've came to the right place!